Greetings in Jesus’ name!
Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom (Sos 2:15)
The book of Songs of Solomon depicts a beautiful love relationship between the Bride and the Bridegroom. In this verse, we hear the urgency of a call to catch the little foxes as they are spoiling their blossoming relationship. In our context, we can interpret vineyards as the visions and calling in our lives and the little foxes as the little things that enter subtly to delay, deny, and ultimately destroy our purpose. Devil, the thief comes to steal our peace, kill our vision, and destroy our lives (Jn 14:10) through people, circumstances, and even by our own thoughts and attitudes. Let us meditate on the verse in detail.
- Our vineyards are in blossom: GOD has a grand purpose for us and a specific purpose for each one of us in this earth. The grand purpose is to set us apart to become like His Son Jesus Christ. (Rom 8:29) Regarding the specific purpose, GOD has placed it deep in our hearts and wants us to draw it out. The purpose in a man’s heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out (Pr 20:5) Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to discover your purpose. Be assured that He is able and more than willing to help you. (Jn 14:26)
- Identify the little foxes: Beware of the little things that steal your peace and joy and that which draws you away from the work of faith, labor of love, and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Th 1:3) It can be a little sleep or a dead thing that you do not want to let go of or teaching that you believe is not aligned with GOD’s Word. Refer to these verses and assess your life. a) A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber and want like an armed man. (Pr 6:10,11) Little sleep brings poverty a little leaven leavens the whole lump (Ga 5:9) b) Dead flies make the perfumer’s ointment give off a stench; so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor. (Ec 10:1)
- Catch the little foxes and destroy them: It is much easier to correct ourselves once we have identified the little foxes that hamper our visions. We must destroy them as soon as we have identified, otherwise, they will grow stronger and destroy our visions. So, repent and turn around 180 degrees. Meditate what the Word of God says: a) Destroy every argument, every lofty thought that raises against the knowledge of GOD and takes control of every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Co 10:5). b) those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (Gal 5:24) c) walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. (Gal 5:16)
Reflect and personalize GOD’s word in your life:
- Identify the blossoming areas (vision or calling) in your life?
- Identify the subtle little things that are cracking your relationship with the LORD
- Repent and reconcile with GOD
- Stand on the promises of GOD that you believe to fulfill your vision.
Eternal GOD and Loving Heavenly Father, we thank you for your Word, which is the truth. You have created us with a purpose. Help us to discover our specific purpose for our lives. We need your wisdom to be aware of the schemes of the devil and the little distractions that deviate us from fulfilling our purpose. Give us a sensitive heart to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey and not gratify the desires of the flesh but reap the fruits of our blossoming lives to enjoy it fully for your glory. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
GOD who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Phil 1:6)
Jesus loves you and Blessed day!